Are Dental Implants Right for You?
When considering dental implants, the very first step is to consult your dentist to determine if you are an ideal candidate for the procedure. Dental implants act as a screw-like anchor to hold permanent or removable teeth in place. Unlike dentures, these implants fuse with your jawbone and prevent the replacement tooth or teeth from slipping around and causing discomfort.
Dental implants require healthy gums and sufficient bone structure to keep the implant intact. If you are a heavy smoker or suffer from a chronic disease, your dentist will perform an examination to confirm if this option is right for you. If you are missing a tooth due to tooth decay, root canal failure, gum disease or an accident, an implant may be the best alternative for tooth replacement. If you are missing multiple teeth, implants can help secure anchors for a bridge or dentures, or individual teeth.
Why Consider Dental Implants from Your Local Dental Clinic in Edmonton?
Dental implants offer a permanent solution to tooth loss and should be treated like natural teeth. Daily brushing and flossing will help ensure your replacement teeth are secure and in top shape. By forming and practicing good oral hygiene habits, you can expect your implants to last a lifetime. Your dentist may recommend that you utilize special cleaning instruments to avoid damaging the metal surface beneath the gum tissues. Your dentist will also need to examine your implants twice a year to ensure that the structural and functional connection between the bone and the implant is secure and that the replacement teeth are functioning properly.
There are several oral health benefits when it comes to dental implants:
- They look and function like natural teeth.
- They provide support and retention to crowns and dentures.
- They preserve natural tooth tissue for conventional bridgework.
- They prevent bone deterioration and restore your natural jawline.
- They last longer than conventional restorations on teeth.
- They can increase stability and reduce gum irritation from the use of dentures.
- They are easy to brush and floss for long-term durability and beauty.
- They can help improve chewing and speaking.
- They can give you that perfect smile you have always wanted and improve your self-confidence.
Joly Dental Care, your local dental clinic in Edmonton near the downtown core, is here to guide your dental implant decision and help improve your lifestyle, oral health and overall well-being. We are always available to help answer any questions you may have about dental implants and restorative dental work for an enhanced smile. We are currently accepting new patients and offer comprehensive, professional and friendly dental care services in a warm and welcoming environment. For more information on dental implants, please click here.