Get Your Dental Crowns Completed in Edmonton with One Appointment!
Have you been avoiding getting dental crowns because you just don’t have the time for multiple dentist appointments in your already busy schedule? What if you could get Cerec® dental crowns in a single appointment from a dentist’s office conveniently located in downtown Edmonton like Joly Dental Care?
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is an artificial cap that is used to cover up a damaged tooth. The crown improves the appearance of the tooth while also protecting it from further breakdown or damage. Crowns can be made from a number of different materials like metal, composite and porcelain. Composite and porcelain are the most popular choices because they are the most natural looking. When properly cared for, a crown can last for 10 years or more.
When Do You Need a Dental Crown?
There are a number of different situations in which you might need dental crowns. Crowns can be used to restore the appearance of damaged, misshapen or discoloured teeth. Dental crowns look and feel like natural teeth so they are a great option for anyone who wants to improve the appearance of their smile. A dental crown might be right for you if:
- You have had a root canal
- A large filling has left one of your teeth weak and prone to cracking
- One of your teeth is cracked or fractured
- You have a broken cusp
- Your teeth are excessively worn down
- You want to change the appearance of your teeth
- You have dental implants
Dental Crowns in One Appointment?
It really is possible. Your appointment will go something like this:
- Your tooth will be cleaned, prepared and then an impression will be taken.
- The impression will be imaged.
- The image will then be used to design the restoration.
- Once the design is approved by the dentist, it will be sent to the cutting station.
- The design will be cut to fit your tooth size and bite.
- The crown will then be checked for proper fit, colour and comfort.
- Once everything is approved by your dentist, the crown will be permanently joined to your tooth using a high-quality dental bond.
That’s it! You have a dental crown in one appointment. No more temporary fixes. No more waiting weeks for follow up appointments. Dental crowns can last for 10 years or more when properly cared for. Getting your dental crowns complete in one appointment at Joly Dental Care is easy and you will save so much time. Contact us today to learn more or to make an appointment!